Kaserne & Edwards Kaserne, Frankfurt am Main, May 1950
#343753, May 24, 1950)
Edwards Ksn is on the left, Drake Ksn is in the center of the picture.
this time, the 24th Transportation Battalion, part of the
37th Transportation Highway Transport Division, was located at Edwards
This truck unit had been formed as a result
of the Berlin Airlift. The 24th was relocated to Francois Ksn, Hanau,
on July 17, 1951,
to make room for the 4th Infantry Division which would occupy the
two kasernes until the 4th returned to the States in 1956.