Harnack House - US Army Officers Club, 1950
(Source: Author's collection)
The US Army assumed control of the Harnack-House when they assumed responsibility for their sector in Berlin in 1945 and converted it into an officer's mess. Among the first visitors was President Harry S. Truman and Supreme Commander Dwight D. Eisenhower. In the following years the Harnack-House was adapted to the needs of the American military.